Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Trung Hoang <in...@trunghoang.com> on 2007/07/12 06:16:41 UTC

[Trinidad] FacesContext's UIViewRoot in PhaseListener

Hi, I am creating some ajax functionality which makes a request to a phase
listener. Im actually using Oracle ADF 10.1.3 but i want to know how it
works in Trinidad so i could try to figure out how to do it in ADF 10.1.3

My query is, I need access to the UIViewRoot available via
FacesContext.getInstance().getViewRoot(). When i access this in my
PhaseListener, it's empty since JSF thinks the ajax request is a new view.

Now, i need to tell JSF that i want to access the ViewRoot of the parent
page where the ajax enable component is on, where the UIViewRoot is already
populated.

Seemingly easy stuff, as Ajax4JSF and many other component frameworks
probably already do it. I've seen a post by someone on the Oracle forums
trying to do the same thing without success
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=527009 . Surely ADF can
do it since it works!!! How do i get it to work for my situation.

Do i need to supply special values in the ajax request? Do i need to extend
the ADF PhaseListener?

Re: [Trinidad] FacesContext's UIViewRoot in PhaseListener

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
The UIViewRoot is populated post-Restore View.  If
you want the view root to be populated, you'd better
make that request a POST with all form data available.

-- Adam