Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/31 07:46:44 UTC

1.1 Cleanup Questions

Why are the action classes in o.a.s.tiles.actions declared final?

Can o.a.s.util.ServletContextWriter be deprecated?  It's instantiated once
in the ActionServlet and passed into DataSource objects setLogWriter()
method.  Maybe this could be replaced with a commons-logging class?

Can o.a.s.util.IteratorAdaptor be deprecated and replaced with a call to the
commons-collections' IteratorUtils.asIterator(Enumeration) method?  This
class is only used in 3 places.

Dave

Re: 1.1 Cleanup Questions

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
David Graham wrote:

> Can o.a.s.util.IteratorAdaptor be deprecated and replaced with a call to
> the commons-collections' IteratorUtils.asIterator(Enumeration) method?
> This class is only used in 3 places.

+0, since I was the one to contribute this originally anyway.

> Dave

-Rob

Re: 1.1 Cleanup Questions

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, David Graham wrote:

> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:46:44 -0700
> From: David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com>
> To: struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: 1.1 Cleanup Questions
>
> Why are the action classes in o.a.s.tiles.actions declared final?

Probably should not be, but Cedric would know for sure.

> Can o.a.s.util.ServletContextWriter be deprecated?  It's instantiated once
> in the ActionServlet and passed into DataSource objects setLogWriter()
> method.  Maybe this could be replaced with a commons-logging class?

How are you going to pass a commons-logging object to setLogWriter()?

> Can o.a.s.util.IteratorAdaptor be deprecated and replaced with a call to the
> commons-collections' IteratorUtils.asIterator(Enumeration) method?  This
> class is only used in 3 places.

+1, as long as IteratorAdaptor exists in the released version of commons
that we end up with.

> Dave

Craig