Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/16 05:04:50 UTC

Re: [classlib] I modified "build.xml" to stop running the "clean" target on every invocation

I think it should be there. As I remember Mark added it there after
build failures.
Old files could make the build mistakenly passing.

Thanks,
Mikhail

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Paulex Yang wrote:
>
>> Stepan Mishura wrote:

>>> Then we have to perform "clean" explicitly each time that seems for me
>>> annoying too.
>>>
>>> I was OK with "clean" as a default action.
>>>
>> So do we have the choice not to clean when running the script manually?
>>

> yes - you have to type "ant build" or something.

I see, thank you.
> I've never seen a default "clean" before, which is why I find it annoying :)

+1, I guess for daily work,  it is more frequently to update one or two
files and then build.
> geir
>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Stepan.
>>>
>>> geir

Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab
IBM

Re: [classlib] I modified "build.xml" to stop running the "clean" target on every invocation

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 6/16/06, Paulex Yang wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:

> >> I don't understand.
> >>
> >> What prevents someone from doing
> >>
> >> $ ant clean; ant;
> >>
> >> to solve that?
> >

> > Then we have to perform "clean" explicitly each time that seems for me
> > annoying too.
> >
> > I was OK with "clean" as a default action.
> So do we have the choice not to clean when running the script manually?

ant build

Thanks,
Stepan.

> > Thanks,
> > Stepan.
> >
> > geir

> annoying
> >> :)

> >> discuss?

> Paulex Yang
> China Software Development Lab
> IBM

Stepan Mishura
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [classlib] I modified "build.xml" to stop running the "clean" target on every invocation

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
On 6/16/06, Geir Magnusson Jr  wrote:

> Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > On 6/16/06, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> >>
> >> but that means that you touch one file, the whole thing gets rebuilt.
> >> Doesn't make much sense...
> >>
> >> Let me ask - how do you use this?
> >

> > Right, if one file is updated it doesn't make sense to rebuild
> > everything so
> > I type 'ant build'.
> > But usually there are several updates in different modules and I prefer
> > make 'clean' before building - just to avoid having debris of the
> previous
> > build.
>
> Ah ah!  So you are literally thinking "I need to make sure clean runs"? :)

Well, something like that :-)

Thanks,
Stepan

Re: [classlib] I modified "build.xml" to stop running the "clean" target on every invocation

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.