Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Vittorio Moccia <v....@itb.it> on 2003/04/09 00:43:05 UTC

Re[2]: apache.itb.it will be closed

Hi Joshua.

JS> Just for our information, can you describe a little more what is causing
JS> the problem.  Is the apache mirror used much more in 2003, or is it other
JS> bandwidth needs?
Since January 2003 we've registered a bandwidth growth
that was going to be three times the previous value.
Perhaps the new mirror mechanism of selection, I don't
know.

Regards,
Vittorio

Re[2]: apache.itb.it will be closed

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Vittorio Moccia wrote:

> Hi Joshua.
>
> JS> Just for our information, can you describe a little more what is causing
> JS> the problem.  Is the apache mirror used much more in 2003, or is it other
> JS> bandwidth needs?
> Since January 2003 we've registered a bandwidth growth
> that was going to be three times the previous value.
> Perhaps the new mirror mechanism of selection, I don't
> know.

Ok.  Obviously, the increased traffic is good news to us, but we certainly
understand if you can't handle it.  I suppose we could consider having a
way to designate mirrors as "low traffic", such that we wouldn't send them
as many requests.  But I don't think it is necessary at the moment.

Joshua.