Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Mark Petrovic <ms...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/24 06:00:56 UTC

XmlRpcServlet v3.0 newbie question

Good day.

A newbie question:

On an arbitrary handler specified in XmlRpcServlet.properties, I would like
to call an "init"-like method presumed to exist as a member of that
"Handler" class.

A requirement is that this "init"-like method on the Handler class must be
called from the XmlRpcServlet's overridden init() method.  Problem is, I
cannot think of a way to obtain a reference to the Handler instance from
within the servlet.  I know the Handler instance exists by the time the
constructor of my implementation of the XmlRpcServlet exits.  But, hmm, how
to acquire the Handler instance and call a method on it?

I can restructure my code to work around this problem, namely by making the
servlet itself the handler, but I'd rather not do that just yet.

Any suggestions are most welcome.  I may be missing something quite obvious.

Thanks.

--
Mark
AE6RT

Re: XmlRpcServlet v3.0 newbie question

Posted by Mark Petrovic <ms...@gmail.com>.
What might be interesting is a requirement that the Handler class implement
a proposed "UserHandler interface".  Something like

public interface UserHandler {
   public void init();
}

which would be used in conjunction with another proposed method call on
XmlRpcServlet:

public UserHandler getHandler(String handlerName);

where handlerName is the property value in XmlRpcServlet.properties file.

--
Mark
AE6RT