Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yair Fine <fi...@bezeqint.net> on 2004/04/03 14:52:43 UTC

Problem with starting up Tomcat 5.0.1.9 using launcher - a classpath issue?

Hi,
I installed Tomcat 5.0.1.9 on Windows 2000.

When I run Start menu-> programs -> Apache Tomcat 5.0 -> Start Tomcat ,
nothing happens, and no tomcat icon appears.

When i go to bin directory and run startup-using-launcher.bat , I get an
exception :
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/launch/AntMain
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
        at org.apache.commons.launcher.Launcher.start(Launcher.java:385)
        at
a:39)
        at
Impl.java:25)
        at LauncherBootstrap.main(LauncherBootstrap.java:185)

Indeed, if i look at ant.jar ion common\lib, there is no
org/apache/tools/ant/launch/AntMain class
Though is if run startup.bat, the server starts and work
I have my JAVA_HOME variable path going to the right place

Enyone have a clue ?
Regards
Yair Fine

RE: Problem with starting up Tomcat 5.0.1.9 using launcher - a classpath issue?

Posted by Yair Fine <fi...@bezeqint.net>.
I did both :
tomcatw //GT//Tomcat5
And
tomcatw //ES//Tomcat5
And there was no response .Any other suggestions?

The 'startup-using-launcher.bat' is pretty much unmaintained at the
moment (and has nothing to do with the "Start Menu" shortcut :).

To reproduce what the shortcut should be doing, cd to the Tomcat bin
directory and run:
  tomcatw //GT//Tomcat5

To review your startup settings run:
  tomcatw //ES//Tomcat5