Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by charlse_Li <ch...@126.com> on 2015/05/05 09:31:30 UTC

some question about hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size

Dear all,
In the hbase-default.xml, description about hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size is following: Memstore will be flushed to disk if size of the memstore exceeds this number of bytes. Value is checked by a thread that runs every hbase.server.thread.wakefrequency. However, in the source code of HRegion, I found that compare happened between the value of that parameter and the all MemStore size of the region, so the hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size uses for a region not  a memstore, is it right? And whether the thread running every hbase.server.thread.wakefrequency is PeriodicMemstoreFlusher, if it is, there is no code checking the size of memstore in its chore() method. If i am wrong, could someone tell me the correctness, the relevant source code is better.

Regards
2015-05-05

charlse_Li