Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net> on 2002/09/26 21:10:00 UTC

Re: parameters

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Mauro Daniel Ardolino wrote:

> And if I put this on my jsp, I can see the customers code:
>
> <%=request.getParameter("c-cli");%>
>
> But the xsl do not receive the c-cli parameter.  Testing $c-cli results
> empty.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You're assuming that request parameters automatically initialize XSLT
stylesheet parameters.  Other than both being called "parameters," the two
concepts are unrelated.  In other words, you don't get this feature for
free.

Instead, your interface to XSLT needs to support the explicit declaration
of parameters.  The deprecated "XSL Taglib" does not; JSTL does, by use of
an <x:param> subtag of <x:transform>.  (The XTags Taglib does as well, if
you are stuck with a JSP 1.1 container.)

Hope that helps,

--
Shawn Bayern

Re: parameters

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Mauro Daniel Ardolino wrote:
> Ok.  I've changed to JSTL and I'm trying to migrate the jsp file.
> [...]
> Now I get the following error message when I try to navigate my jsp file:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: SAX2 driver class
> org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl not found

If you're using JDK 1.3.x, this may help:

   <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=taglibs-user&m=102806090925868&w=2>

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
JavaServer Pages	http://TheJSPBook.com

Re: parameters

Posted by Mauro Daniel Ardolino <ma...@altersoft.com.ar>.
Ok.  I've changed to JSTL and I'm trying to migrate the jsp file.

I put:
<%@ taglib prefix="x" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml" %>

and changed:

<xsl:apply xml="/data/ccc203.xml" xsl="/data/ccc203.xsl"/>

for:

<x:transform xml="/data/ccc203.xml" xslt="/data/ccc203.xsl"/>

I touched the web.xml file for the application to find the tld file.

I put the .jar's files in the WEB-INF/lib folder of my application.

Now I get the following error message when I try to navigate my jsp file:

javax.servlet.ServletException: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl not found
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:471)
	at org.apache.jsp.result$jsp._jspService(result$jsp.java:124)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)

I think I need some help.  There's no XMLReaderImpl class inside the
.jar's I downloaded from apache.

I'm using JSTL 1.0.1

Thanks a lot.

--Mauro