Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/10/18 02:07:48 UTC

How does SVN info from commits automatically get to Jira?

Sometimes I see that my checkins are detailed nicely in the
corresponding JIRA entry  if I .make the first line of the Jira entry be
the Jira number.  Other times it doesn't seem to make it. What is the
magic by which svn commit logs get put in the Jira entry?

I found this Subversion plugin
page.http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAEXT/JIRA+Subversion+plugin
It  says
"A plugin to integrate JIRA with Subversion^
<http://subversion.tigris.org/>. Subversion commit messages that mention
a JIRA key ("This fixes ABC-123 ..") will appear as a tab in the
mentioned issue.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAEXT/JIRA+Subversion+plugin

Is this the plugin that we use?
Do I need to put the "This fixes " before the Jira entry to get it to
post reliably to Jira?

Kathey