Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Timothy Washington <ti...@yahoo.ca> on 2010/08/06 23:16:19 UTC

removing / uninstalling default CouchDB on Ubuntu

There's a default CouchDB instance in the latest Desktop Ubuntu installation. Is
there a way of getting rid of this? None of the commands below do the trick.

sudo apt-get remove couchdb
sudo apt-get purge couchdb
sudo aptitude remove couchdb

Thanks
Tim

ps - Also, if there's a dpkg or apt-get package of 1.0.0, I'd love to get my
hands on it.

Re: removing / uninstalling default CouchDB on Ubuntu

Posted by Timothy Washington <ti...@yahoo.ca>.
Sweet. Thank-you man.

Tim

________________________________
> There's a default CouchDB instance in the latest Desktop Ubuntu
> installation. Is
> there a way of getting rid of this? None of the commands below do the
> trick.
>
> sudo apt-get remove couchdb
> sudo apt-get purge couchdb
> sudo aptitude remove couchdb
>
> Thanks
> Tim
>
> ps - Also, if there's a dpkg or apt-get package of 1.0.0, I'd love to get
> my
> hands on it.

just remove python-couchdb and all couchdb default packages will be remvoved

BUT

you can try couchdb 1.0 using couchio all included non intrusive package at

http://couch.io/get

Saludos

Leonel

Re: removing / uninstalling default CouchDB on Ubuntu

Posted by Leonel Nunez <li...@enelserver.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
I can recommend these: http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/lucid/release/ (with and without EBS)

Best

Sebastian

Posted by Kenneth Tyler <ke...@8thfold.com>.
Jason,

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@couch.io>.

Posted by Brian Chamberlain <bl...@gmail.com>.
How can I test it? I'd like to. I've spent the last two days struggling to
get couchDB on my new Ubuntu Desktop (Lucid) box. I didn't think to
uninstall the one for Ubuntu one. Was hoping an install of the latest trunk
in usr local would be isolated enough. Shouldn't it be?

-Brian

--
-Brian

blchamberlain@gmail.com
@breakpointer

Re: removing / uninstalling default CouchDB on Ubuntu

Posted by Leonel Nunez <li...@enelserver.com>.

Posted by Sam Bisbee <sa...@sbisbee.com>.