Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vijay <vi...@flatworldindia.com> on 2009/09/25 05:34:58 UTC

how do i use timers?

Good day

I've a test plan with three http request with five users and need to run for
several iterations.

Test Plan

 Thread Group

   Http request 1

   Http request 2

   Http request 3

I need to run the same test for around 15 minutes with low delay time,
average delay time, high delay time and need to scale web server
performance.

I can use Constant throughput timer, but what should be the value given and
also what should be the value in Ramp up period.

Thanks

Vijay

RE: how do i use timers?

Posted by Vijay <vi...@flatworldindia.com>.
I am using a csv file to drive 5 different users, 3 different requests
(login, used if controller to check the link and route to 2nd request or to
3rd request and then to home page).

I wish my test to run all the three threads for a single user first and then
the second and may be to loop forever, since I need to run the test for 1-15
minutes.

What controller can be used and where?
How do I calculate the value to pass in Thread Group Ramp up period (in
secs)

Thanks
Vijay

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.