Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "PARLEY,THUNDER (HP-MountainView,ex1)" <th...@hp.com> on 2003/10/10 17:34:02 UTC

Restrict access to SSL clients for a service

Hi List,

If I have Axis running on Tomcat, which has 2 liistening ports (unsecure and
SSL), when I deploy a new service, can I deploy it so that the service will
only acknowledge requests over a SSL connection or is there some snippet of
code I can put in the service itself to check that the requestor is
accessing the service securely? Disabling the unsecure port on Tomcat is not
an option.

Thanks!

Thunder

Re: Restrict access to SSL clients for a service

Posted by Andre Charbonneau <an...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>.
I was looking at the Axis API documentation and maybe this would help you:

// In the service implementation...
String transportName =
org.apache.axis.MessageContext.getCurrentContext().getTransportName();

I haven't tried it but I assume the transport name could be used to
determine if the connection was over https port or not.

Hope this helps.

--
Andre Charbonneau

100 Sussex Drive, Rm 2025
Research Computing Support, IMSB
National Research Council Canada
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0R6
613-993-3129  Fax: 613-993-3127

RE: Restrict access to SSL clients for a service

Posted by Sanjesh Pathak <sa...@soapknox.com>.
Parley,

Take this handler (see attached) and put it in the request flow of your
service. This handler will only allow requests from a secure channel
(SSL).

Sanjesh