Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/01 15:38:33 UTC

Re: Some more benchmarks

Hi,

I'm resurrecting this thread with some new findings. I re-ran many of
the benchmarks we've been following, pitting Jackrabbit 2.8.0 against
Oak 1.0.1 with TarMK. The results look pretty nice:

    Summary (90%, lower is better)

    Benchmark                      Jackrabbit  Oak-Tar
    ReadPropertyTest                       45        4
    SetPropertyTest                      1179      119
    SmallFileReadTest                      47        7
    SmallFileWriteTest                    182       43
    ConcurrentReadTest                   1201      710
    ConcurrentReadWriteTest              1900      775
    ConcurrentWriteReadTest              1009      108
    ConcurrentWriteTest                   532      101

See https://gist.github.com/jukka/078bd524aa0ba36b184b for details.

I also tried including MongoMK results, but the benchmark got stuck in
ConcurrentReadTest. I'll re-try today and will file a bug if I can
reproduce the problem.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Some more benchmarks

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also tried including MongoMK results, but the benchmark got stuck in
>> ConcurrentReadTest. I'll re-try today and will file a bug if I can
>> reproduce the problem.
>
> I guess it was a transient problem. Here are the results with
> Oak-Mongo included:
>
>     Summary (90%, lower is better)
>
>     Benchmark                      Jackrabbit  Oak-Mongo  Oak-Tar
>     -------------------------------------------------------------
>     ReadPropertyTest                       45          4        4
>     SetPropertyTest                      1179       2398      119
>     SmallFileReadTest                      47          9        7
>     SmallFileWriteTest                    182        530       43
>     ConcurrentReadTest                   1201       1247      710
>     ConcurrentReadWriteTest              1900       2321      775
>     ConcurrentWriteReadTest              1009        354      108
>     ConcurrentWriteTest                   532        553      101

wow, very impressive, congrats!

cheers
stefan

Re: Some more benchmarks