Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by 石川 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 05:44:39 UTC

How to solve this problem

Hi,
      I am a newbie in lucene and am trying the 'indexing and searching'
demo of lucene 1.4.3 using kaffe 1.0.6. After inputing the query, an error
occurs as follows:

       Query: stringSearching for: string
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org/apache/lucene/search/Searcher.search(Lorg/apache/lucene/search/Query;Lorg/apache/lucene/search/Filter;I)Lorg/apache/
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:43)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:33)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:27)
        at org.apache.lucene.demo.SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:49)

        However, when I use kaffe 1.1.0, it works well. I google for the
error information and it is said there is something wrong with my jar
package. Could anybody give some suggestion? Thanks.

--
Best regards,

Shi Chuan

Re: How to solve this problem

Posted by Chuan SHI <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yeah you are quite right, Malo. I recompile lucene143 with lower jdk and it
works. Thank you.

2009/8/11 Malo Pichot <ma...@ajlsm.com>

> 石川 a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >       I am a newbie in lucene and am trying the 'indexing and searching'
> > demo of lucene 1.4.3 using kaffe 1.0.6. After inputing the query, an
> error
> > occurs as follows:
> >
> >        Query: stringSearching for: string
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> >
> org/apache/lucene/search/Searcher.search(Lorg/apache/lucene/search/Query;Lorg/apache/lucene/search/Filter;I)Lorg/apache/
> >         at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:64)
> >         at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:43)
> >         at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:33)
> >         at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:27)
> >         at org.apache.lucene.demo.SearchFiles.main(SearchFiles.java:49)
> >
> >         However, when I use kaffe 1.1.0, it works well. I google for the
> > error information and it is said there is something wrong with my jar
> > package. Could anybody give some suggestion? Thanks.
>

> Hello,
>
> I think you use a wrong version of JVM, not the same version that has
> been used to compile your Lune JAR.
>
> Malo

Best regards,

Chuan SHI

Re: How to solve this problem

Posted by Malo Pichot <ma...@ajlsm.com>.

Re: How to solve this problem

Posted by Chuan SHI <sh...@gmail.com>.
Although you have not worked with kaffe, your suggestion is right. Thank
you.

--
Best regards,

Chuan SHI