Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/06/05 17:26:53 UTC

Suggestion. (fwd)

not acked (no need).

something for a bored programmer to play with one day...

From: William.LANCKMAN@DG6.cec.be (Tel 66119)
To: <ap...@mail.apache.org>
Subject: Suggestion.

Hi,

I use the apacheserver here on a local intranet, and it works quite well (not to say excellent!). Just a small suggestion:

When a directory is listed, it is always sorted (using qsort in mod_dir.c). Now there should be a way to influence this sorting (sort of "ls" options...)

E.g. I want to display the latest files first, ... or use a reverse sort (because I name my files 960531.txt, etc), or I don't want any sorting...

For the rest, keep up the great work.

William Lanckman
w.lanckman@dg6.cec.be

----- End of forwarded message from Tel 66119 -----

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)

Re: Suggestion. (fwd)

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
This would be tremendous.  I have some ideas about using an extended
mod_dir.c as an interface to RCS, too. :)

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/

Re: Suggestion. (fwd)

Posted by "James H. Cloos Jr." <cl...@jhcloos.com>.