Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Brendle, Detlef" <de...@prospective.ch> on 2014/08/13 19:39:54 UTC

Generating a docx document with tracking Changes ?

Hello,

is it possible with POI to generate a word document that contains changes
between two texts ?
I have the following scenario which I would like to implement with poi if
possible:
- Text A containing the original text (containing a lot of characters)
- Text B containing an updated text.
These two texts I need to present to a user showing the exact
'insert','updates','deletions'.
In word the tracking changes is a neat feature I like to keep track of
changes within documents.
So I thought POI might be able to help me with generating such a document.

I thought I create the docx document with Text A, then enable tracking
changes and placing
the whole Text B into the document.

Has someone got an idea if this is possible ?

Thanks,
Detlef