Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jr...@comcast.net on 2012/09/05 17:27:35 UTC

Trying to authenticate "Basic Setup"

Hi,

My passwrds were set when I installed the program, ex: Harry and Sally.

When I right click and  select sv n-repo-browser and use the location

" http://localhost/svnrepos/test1 "
I get the followning error:
"Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://localhost/svnrepos/test1'

The OPTIONS request returned invalid XML in the response. XML parse error at line 1: no element found ( http://localhost/svnrepos/test1 )

I've been teaking the httpd.conf file all morning, does anybodky know what I'm doing wrong?

OS= Windows 2003

Apache 2.2

TortiseSVN 1.7.4

Jim Ravagno

Re: Trying to authenticate "Basic Setup"

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
1. Please stop sending HTML/rich text formatted email. The list
prefers plain text.
2. Please stop top-posting. The list convention is inline
comments/bottom-posting.

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM,  <jr...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Andy,
>
> I've tried that here's the updated one from 10 minutes ago.
>
> Still can't authenticate. I also added a new users name and pasword.
>
> Does it matter on what modules I need or not need loaded
>
> for basic authentication??

It may matter. What modules do you have installed?

> <Location /svn/>
> #<Location C:\svnrepos\test1>
> DAV svn
> #SVNPath C:\svnrepos\test1
> SVNParentPath c:\svnrepos
> #SVNListParentPath on
> #SVNParentPath C:\svnrepos
>
> # SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Subversion repositories"
> AuthUserFile passwd
>
> #AuthzSVNAccessFile svnaccessfile
> Require valid-user
> </Location>

I do not see the paths corrected here as I noted in my previous post
(replace \ with /).

You need to specify the full path to your AuthUserFile. You have not
done so here.

Have you read through the relevant portion of the manual yet?
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html

Posted by jr...@comcast.net.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.