Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/03/05 05:21:46 UTC

Util Mostly Cleaned

SandBox util is mostly cleaned due to the fact that all the classes I
removed have already been incorporated into other Avalon projects.

The StringUtil really wasn't useful as witnessed by almost every
application (DB, FTP, Cocoon, etc.) has their own variation.

The only things remaining are the Delegator stuff and the JNDI/LDAP
backed configuration builder.

I want to play with the CGLib stuff to get a feel for how easy it is
to work with before I blow away the Delegator stuff.

The configuration builder might be useful in a future life, so I
don't really want to get rid of it yet.  Do we have a parent context
that it can be merged into?  Perhaps Naming?

Re: Util Mostly Cleaned

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> The configuration builder might be useful in a future life, so I
>>> don't really want to get rid of it yet.  Do we have a parent context
>>> that it can be merged into?  Perhaps Naming?
>>

>> What does the configuration buider do?  Is it relavant/consitent
>> to/with the excalibur-confiuration family?
>

> Same thing the SAXConfigurationBuilder in Framework does.

So how about moving it into the excalibur-configuration package?

Cheere, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: Util Mostly Cleaned

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: Util Mostly Cleaned

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The configuration builder might be useful in a future life, so I
> don't really want to get rid of it yet.  Do we have a parent context
> that it can be merged into?  Perhaps Naming?

What does the configuration buider do?
Is it relavant/consitent to/with the excalibur-confiuration family?

Cheers, Steve.