Posted to user@avro.apache.org by John Langley <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/13 15:41:04 UTC

avro C++

Is anyone using avro C++?

For example, even trying to turn
 avro-src-1.7.4/lang/java/compiler/src/test/idl/input/simple.avdl into
something that avrogencpp will understand seems to be nearly impossible at
the moment. (I tried using the java tools to turn the avdl into json with
some hand editing of the json and that failed).

Thanks for any words of encouragement of insights that people can offer.
I'd LOVE to be able to use Avro from C++ but right now I'm having serious
doubts.

Re: avro C++

Posted by John Langley <di...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Figuring out how to describe types in
json so that avrogencpp could be used helped lots (nesting types seemed to
be the trick). (See my other posting to the group).

"So far so good" I'll be continuing to dig into to using Avro with C++.

Re: avro C++

Posted by Daniel Russel <dr...@gmail.com>.