Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by "Alex B." <ab...@nflabs.com> on 2015/05/01 06:10:35 UTC

Re: [GSoC 2015][COMDEV-119] Zeppelin GSoC Project: add more D3 visualization

Congratulations, Madhuka!

Glad that you can make it and thank you for your contributions. So we will
go on with the initial plan of making more visualizations for Zeppelin then.

Meanwhile it is community bonding period [1] I would suggest you go on
participating at the dev@ and user@ mailing lists, helping people, sharing
your experience with Zeppelin and meanwhile you can also try doing a simple
PoC as Ilya suggested, by picking two different libraries or chart types
(1 existing, 1 new) and writing an implementation of the transformation
function to fit them together.

Please keep in touch and let us know who it goes every week or two in a
form of short email with your progress summary. We can also arrange
something like a regular call\IRC hours if you will.

Thanks again, please feel free to reach out in case of any further
questions!

[1]
http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.kr/2007/04/so-what-is-this-community-bonding-all.html

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Damien

Thanks for sharing information.
I will look in to 'Spring Cleaning PR' and start work in there.

Posted by Corneau Damien <co...@apache.org>.
Hi madhuka,

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

--
Cheers,
Madhuka Udantha

Posted by madhuka udantha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alex

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Alex B. <ab...@nflabs.com> wrote:

> Congratulations, Madhuka!
>
> Glad that you can make it and thank you for your contributions. So we will
> go on with the initial plan of making more visualizations for Zeppelin then.
>
> Meanwhile it is community bonding period [1] I would suggest you go on
> participating at the dev@ and user@ mailing lists, helping people,
> sharing your experience with Zeppelin

Yes sure. As it is community bonding period I will participate on them. I
will share my experiences in ML and my blog.

and meanwhile you can also try doing a simple PoC as Ilya suggested, by
> picking two different libraries or chart types (1 existing, 1 new) and
> writing an implementation of the transformation function to fit them
> together.

Yes, I will do the simple POC as llya suggested and I think it will be good
starting point for my task.

> Please keep in touch and let us know who it goes every week or two in a
> form of short email with your progress summary. We can also arrange
> something like a regular call\IRC hours if you will.

I will update my progress in ML and even call\IRC

--
Cheers,
Madhuka Udantha