Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu> on 2019/09/30 20:46:00 UTC

Maybe new feature/option for the health check

I have a few tasks that take a while before they get started. Sendmail
eg. Is not to happy you cannot set the hostname (in marathon) and then
gives a timeout of 1 minute. I think there is something similar when
starting openldap. If I enable a regular health check there, it will
fail the task before it finished launching. Maybe it is interesting to
add an option for this initDelay?

{
  "path": "/api/health",
  "portIndex": 0,
  "protocol": "MESOS_HTTP",
  "initDelay": 60,              <====
  "gracePeriodSeconds": 300,
  "intervalSeconds": 60,
  "timeoutSeconds": 20,
  "maxConsecutiveFailures": 3
}

Re: Maybe new feature/option for the health check

Posted by Tomek Janiszewski <ja...@gmail.com>.
It there but with different name:

   - delay_seconds is the amount of time to wait until starting health
   checking the task
   - grace_period_seconds is the amount of time after the task is launched
   during which health check failures are ignored. Once a health check
   succeeds for the first time, the grace period does not apply anymore. Note
   that it includes delay_seconds, i.e., setting grace_period_seconds <
   delay_seconds has no effect

http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/health-checks/#common-options-1

pon., 30 wrz 2019, 22:46 użytkownik Marc Roos <M....@f1-outsourcing.eu>