Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "John B. Moore" <jb...@microps.com> on 2003/10/15 19:38:38 UTC

Internal Server Error

Just did a fresh install of 4.1.18 on NT4 Server (replacing a previous
version that was working fine, but hey, I love spending hours beating my
head against the wall, pulling out what few hairs I still have, so I get
to figure this stuff out...<sigh>)  Had followed John Turners install
how-to to the letter with one exception.. I replaced the default virtual
host "localhost" with "microps.com" (as I had it in the previous
install) in server.xml.

   I was testing the /examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp and am getting an
"Internal Server Error".  Nothing is showing in any of the logs.  Not a
hint...

    I tested it under the "microps.com:8080" and it works fine.. only
when I come through Apache (2.0.43) "www.microps.com" do I get this
error.. Obviously a configuration issue.. just need some hints...

    Does this ring any bells as to where I should be looking...???

     Thanks..

     John Moore

Re: Internal Server Error

Posted by "John B. Moore" <jb...@microps.com>.
Found my problem...

   Since I had changed the default virtual host to "microps.com" in..

 <Host name="microps.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

 I also had to edit this line...

 <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="microps.com" debug="0">

   that seem to fix it...

  (maybe a note in the server.xml to this effect...????)

   Now I can uncross my eyes from staring at this file for the last
hour...<G>

   John...