Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Luke DeWitt <lu...@penguinfire.com> on 2007/03/20 01:31:04 UTC

Portlets and DWR

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching for a couple hours now to no avail so I figured the list is the best way to do this.

What I have is a Portlet that I am creating that will use DWR to make some simple AJAX calls. The problem is this; I don't want to expose a certain object. Specifically, I have this CommunicationManager which, when the portlet is initialized, does some work to set up this object. I am putting this object into the session. Now what I want to do is be able to access this object in my DWR Manager. Is there any way that I can access this object in my DWR manager so that my javascript can only send a String into the DWR Manager in java and have my CommunicationManager use this String?

Any information that you can provide me would be great.

Thank you,

--LD