Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/07/23 17:52:01 UTC

Meeting today

Hey guys, as mentioned last week,  I won't be at the Hangout today.   That
said, here are a couple of things that I'd love to hear about.

-Parquet reader status
-JSON scanner implementation..  On rr at least two tests are currently
failing and marked ignore. How do we fix
-any update on writing physical tpc-h queries?
-rest update
-exchange sender
-anybody want to start implementing DrillFuncs?
-applying rest of optiq rels
-Jason on getting a sql select where query to run

I'll report back after Oscon.

regards,
Jacques

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to Drill, Tanujit.

Testing and commenting will be very valuable contributions.

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Welcome to Drill, Tanujit.

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Tanujit Ghosh <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Extremely sorry about yesterday dropping off from the hangout session, its
been raining quite heavily here in Pune, India and my internet connectivity
went down :-)

As for my introduction, I have a background in datewarehousing primarily
working in teradata, ab-initio. Currently working with Barclays bank in the
MI and Information Management space in Retail banking division. Out of my
own interest I have been reading up on hadoop, hive and its other projects.
Also read up on the dremel paper from google. This project sound very
interesting and would like to contribute.

I'm not that proficient with Java, still some learning to do on that. But i
can help out with testing out the code and other documentation and this way
can understanding the code base a bit more.

Regards
Tanujit.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Michael Hausenblas <
michael.hausenblas@gmail.com> wrote:

> To close the loop here—the meeting notes from today's meeting are, as
> usual, publicly available via:
>
> http://j.mp/apache-drill-hangouts
>
> Cheers,
>
>            Michael
>
> --
>
> Michael Hausenblas
>
> Ireland, Europe
>
> http://mhausenblas.info/
>

> On 23 July 2013 16:52, Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hey guys, as mentioned last week,  I won't be at the Hangout today.
> That
> > said, here are a couple of things that I'd love to hear about.
> >
> > -Parquet reader status
> > -JSON scanner implementation..  On rr at least two tests are currently
> > failing and marked ignore. How do we fix
> > -any update on writing physical tpc-h queries?
> > -rest update
> > -exchange sender
> > -anybody want to start implementing DrillFuncs?
> > -applying rest of optiq rels
> > -Jason on getting a sql select where query to run
> >
> > I'll report back after Oscon.
> >
> > regards,
> > Jacques

Tanujit

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@twitter.com>.
Company will be provided

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@twitter.com>.
Company will be provided

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Is this today ?

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Sree V <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Is this today ?

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Tanujit Ghosh <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Extremely sorry about yesterday dropping off from the hangout session, its
been raining quite heavily here in Pune, India and my internet connectivity
went down :-)

As for my introduction, I have a background in datewarehousing primarily
working in teradata, ab-initio. Currently working with Barclays bank in the
MI and Information Management space in Retail banking division. Out of my
own interest I have been reading up on hadoop, hive and its other projects.
Also read up on the dremel paper from google. This project sound very
interesting and would like to contribute.

I'm not that proficient with Java, still some learning to do on that. But i
can help out with testing out the code and other documentation and this way
can understanding the code base a bit more.

Regards
Tanujit.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Michael Hausenblas <
michael.hausenblas@gmail.com> wrote:

> To close the loop here—the meeting notes from today's meeting are, as
> usual, publicly available via:
>
> http://j.mp/apache-drill-hangouts
>
> Cheers,
>
>            Michael
>
> --
>
> Michael Hausenblas
>
> Ireland, Europe
>
> http://mhausenblas.info/
>

> On 23 July 2013 16:52, Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hey guys, as mentioned last week,  I won't be at the Hangout today.
> That
> > said, here are a couple of things that I'd love to hear about.
> >
> > -Parquet reader status
> > -JSON scanner implementation..  On rr at least two tests are currently
> > failing and marked ignore. How do we fix
> > -any update on writing physical tpc-h queries?
> > -rest update
> > -exchange sender
> > -anybody want to start implementing DrillFuncs?
> > -applying rest of optiq rels
> > -Jason on getting a sql select where query to run
> >
> > I'll report back after Oscon.
> >
> > regards,
> > Jacques

Tanujit

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Srihari Srinivasan <ss...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,

Quick note on what we discussed w.r.t the REST API.

I am at a point where to submit a query (logical for now) to the Drillbit I
need an instance of the DrillClient class from the Query REST resource.
DrillClient is currently part of the java-exec module. I've pulled out the
jersey/jetty stuff into its own mvn module to keep the concerns separate.

So the really question is - Is now a good time to pull out DrillClient and
its dependencies into its own client module? That way http-engine can just
depend on the client lib. Having this will be a huge help as it can
potentially keep a parallel stream of working going.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Jason - This is the link to my github
branch<https://github.com/srihari/incubator-drill>.
Its still a clone of the execwork branch.

-- Hari

Re: Meeting today

Posted by Srihari Srinivasan <ss...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi,