Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by ZhangJian He <sh...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/03 09:20:17 UTC

Re: Missing check on .jar files committed to the source repo

Gradle has `gradle-wrapper.jar` too. I think we don't need an automated
check, the reviewers can find if it's reasonable.

Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> 于2021年11月10日周三 16:47写道:

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

> On Dec 3, 2021, at 11:45 AM, Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Automated checks are useful because we are human and we usually miss to
>> validate this kind of boring stuff.
>
> +1 I think it sounds appropriate to add an automated check. If a use
> case arises where we need to add compiled files, we'll also need a way
> to bypass/override this check.

For example, have a look at why grade wrapper jars cannot be included - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-570

Regards,
Dave