Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Prideaux <jp...@newlifetech.com> on 2002/03/06 15:32:21 UTC

Gets in access log and java applets

I have a java applet that uses the jmf (java media framework).  The applet
works, but I notice in the tomcat access log that there is an individual
"GET" for each class used in the jmf.jar file. Even worst, each time the
user interacts with the applet, all those "GETS" are done again.   All these
individual GETS are causing the applet to be very slow. Is there a way to
avoid having the browser going back to the server for each class needed in
the JMF plugin module.  Note that I just have a problem with the jmf module.
No extra GETS occur for any other Java classes that are part of the standard
Java run-time engine plugin.

I'm including jmf.jar (the java media framework) in the applet tag...

Does this sound like something expected (with applets) for modules that are
not part of the standard Java run-time engine, or could I possibly have not
installed the jmf appropriately?

Jeff Prideaux,
Senior Biomedical Engineer
Newlife Technologies