Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/20 17:40:47 UTC

Commons site publishing

Hi all,
  I have been looking into using Maven server settings for handling SVN
credentials when checking in Commons sites. This is supported by the recent
1.0 release of the maven-scm-publish-plugin. I would like to upgrade
commons-parent to use this version of the plugin. This version of the
plugin requires Maven 3.x, but in light of the Maven 2 EOL I think this
should be okay. From my initial research it looks as though we can define a
server (e.g. "site.svn") in commons-parent and the structure of the
scm-publish plugin should, in order:

- use any username/password specified via -D
- use any credentials from the user's settings.xml for the defined server ID
- try to commit without credentials, which will use .subversion/auth if
available

I will prepare the changes; please shout with any concerns!

Matt

Re: Commons site publishing

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Matt, all!

Here's what I did to test it:

- in commons-parent
  - `svn update`
  - `mvn clean install`
- in [email]
  - updated parent to 34-SNAPSHOT in pom.xml
  - encrypted my username:password in my Maven settings.xml for server apache.website (already in [email]'s pom.xml)
  - `mvn clean site scm-publish:publish-scm -Dcommons.scmPubServer=apache.website`

That correctly picked my user:pass credentials from my settings.xml, matched against the apache.website server ID and committed to the SVN, without the need to use -Dusername and -Dpassword.

So here's my +1 :^)

Thank you!!!

Bruno P. Kinoshita
http://kinoshita.eti.br
http://tupilabs.com

Re: Commons site publishing

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
+1

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: Commons site publishing

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
Once released we can copy the doc from the parent pom along with a link to
Maven server config docs to our site publishing page.

Matt

Re: Commons site publishing

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Commons site publishing