Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by MaenXe <ma...@docmagic.com> on 2008/12/18 20:56:11 UTC

Re: NPE: java.net.UnknownHostException after installing 5.2, same config as 5.1

Anyone else having this same issue?  We have 4 different environments with 4
different broker networks setup, we can't use the same multicast name for
all of them, and we'd prefer not to spell out each server name in the config
file, it's not very flexible.  This smells like a bug.

M@

Posted by MaenXe <ma...@docmagic.com>.
Yes this fixed it.  Thanks!

M@

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Updated the wiki

Joe

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
2008/12/23 Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:14 AM, Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You need to change the format for the uri to specify the group via a
>> parameter. This is the upshot of the resolution to
>> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1489 - check out the
>> detail in the comments.
>>
>> The required change is of the form:
>>
>> -      <networkConnector uri="multicast://${groupId}"/>
>> +      <networkConnector uri="multicast://default?group=${groupId}"/>
>
> This new syntax seems odd to me. So what's the point of the name
> default now?

default refers to the 'default' IP address and port, 239.255.2.3:6155.

--
http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source SOA
http://FUSESource.com

Re: NPE: java.net.UnknownHostException after installing 5.2, same config as 5.1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: NPE: java.net.UnknownHostException after installing 5.2, same config as 5.1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
You need to change the format for the uri to specify the group via a
parameter. This is the upshot of the resolution to
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1489 - check out the
detail in the comments.

The required change is of the form:

-      <networkConnector uri="multicast://${groupId}"/>
+      <networkConnector uri="multicast://default?group=${groupId}"/>

2008/12/18 MaenXe <ma...@docmagic.com>:

> Anyone else having this same issue?  We have 4 different environments with 4
> different broker networks setup, we can't use the same multicast name for
> all of them, and we'd prefer not to spell out each server name in the config
> file, it's not very flexible.  This smells like a bug.
>
> M@
>

> MaenXe wrote:
>>
>> I'm having an issue with my Network of Brokers configuration and an
>> upgrade to 5.2.  The configuration we had in 5.1(which worked fine) was:
>>
>>         <networkConnectors>
>>             <networkConnector name="dev-jms-nc"
>> uri="multicast://dev-jms"/>
>>         </networkConnectors>
>>
>> and
>>
>>         <transportConnectors>
>>             <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://dev-jms2:61616"
>> discoveryUri="multicast://dev-jms"/>
>>         </transportConnectors>
>>

>> Now in 5.2, it doesn't like the uri and/or discoveryUri and we get the
>> following errors logged and the broker does not start:
>>
>>  ERROR BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS
>> Message Broker. Reason: java.net.UnknownHostException: dev-jms: dev-jms
>>
>> If I change the uri to "multicast://default" or "multicast://testing" it
>> seems to work just fine.  Neither of those is a valid hostname, so I don't
>> know why it doesn't like dev-jms.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> M@

http://blog.garytully.com