Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ph. Dinh" <pm...@outlook.com> on 2023/02/25 17:28:16 UTC

How to update tomcat to user different version of commons-fileupload

Hi,

Is there a way to try different versions of commons-fileupload (i.e 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5) on a Tomcat server (either 9.0 or 10.x)?

fileUpload package paths shipped with Tomcat seems to be different with the paths in commons-fileupload so I don't think the class-loader technique here

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

"Advanced configuration" section will work.

If not possible, is there a version of Tomcat that has the latest security fix in commons-fileupload 1.5?

Thanks,

PD.

Re: How to update tomcat to user different version of commons-fileupload

Posted by "Ph. Dinh" <pm...@outlook.com>.
is this the right doc for configure DataSource Resource?

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
________________________________
> Is there a way to try different versions of commons-fileupload (i.e 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5) on a Tomcat server (either 9.0 or 10.x)?

Drop the necessary JARs (commons-dbcp, commons-pool) into
$CATALINA_BASE/lib and then configure your DataSource Resource to use
the appropriate factory rather than the default.

> fileUpload package paths shipped with Tomcat seems to be different with the paths in commons-fileupload so I don't think the class-loader technique here
>
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html
>
> "Advanced configuration" section will work.
>
> If not possible, is there a version of Tomcat that has the latest security fix in commons-fileupload 1.5?

https://lists.apache.org/thread/hfq0okgjr4h5qkjzp009jn8v1hs0430k

Mark

Re: How to update tomcat to user different version of commons-fileupload

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@homeinbox.net>.