Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Quinta <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/06 16:33:52 UTC

Possible memory leak with .marshal().json() and stream cache enabled

I think I found a memory leak with stream caching enabled and this code:

        from("file:src/data?noop=true")
            .split(new ZipSplitter()).streaming().stopOnException()
                .split().tokenizeXML("Item").streaming().stopOnException()
                    .unmarshal(jaxb)
                    .marshal().json(JsonLibrary.Jackson) // This line causes
a memory leak if stream caching  enabled
                    .log("Zip Extracted ${in.header.CamelFileName} token
${in.header.CamelSplitIndex}")
                .end()
            .end();

I verify the problem with Camel 2.15.3 and 2.14.2 with version 2.14.1 and
previous release the memory leak not happen. I used JDK 1.8.
I tried to use JsonLibrary.Gson or JsonLibrary.XStream but the problem is
the same, memory is allocated and never released.
My test file is a zip of 89 MB that contain 58 xml files for a total of 1.8
GB.

Suggestions?  Workarounds?
Thanks in advance
Luca