Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Francesco Capuano <fr...@net-admin.it> on 2022/06/15 10:51:49 UTC

Container version Optimization

Hello,
we would like to use your project in our company, but we usually try to use stateless container (except for DB in this case).
Could we use our knowledge to improve the docker version with some automatism (upgrade process, admin username password creation through variable at first startup, admin username change through variable at first startup, ...).
BR and thank you very much
  Francesco Capuano

Re: Container version Optimization

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 6:51 AM Francesco Capuano <
francesco.capuano@net-admin.it> wrote:

> Hello,
> we would like to use your project in our company, but we usually try to
> use stateless container (except for DB in this case).
> Could we use our knowledge to improve the docker version with some
> automatism (upgrade process, admin username password creation through
> variable at first startup, admin username change through variable at first
> startup, ...).
> BR and thank you very much

We are always happy to have contributions from the community to the
Guacamole project. The contributions process looks roughly like this:
1) Open a Jira issue documenting the nature of the change (bug,
improvement, etc.).
2) Fork the git repository and commit your changes, using the Jira issue as
a tag.
3) Create a pull request that will be reviewed by the Guacamole committers,
fixing any issues or making changes as requested.
4) Guacamole committers will accept and merge the change and close the Jira
issue.

More information can be found, here:
https://guacamole.apache.org/open-source/

-NIck