Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2015/09/30 00:02:51 UTC

[python] toggle for sasl layer in proton.reactor.Container

I am proposing a change to the way the SASL layer is controlled in the
proton.reactor.Container utility for python. Specifically that SASL will
be on by default, but can be turned off at the container- or connection-
level via a simple boolean flag. I've called the flag 'sasl_layer' as
the proton based JMS client has a similar toggle with that name.

If anyone has thoughts or objections, please feel free to air them.

Re: [python] toggle for sasl layer in proton.reactor.Container

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5 October 2015 at 11:10, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/05/2015 10:21 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>>
>> Would it be worth adding a note around this to the examples or related
>> docs/readme? It might not be the most obvious thing to new folks
>

> Yes, indeed! I have checked in an addition to the README and a simple conf
> file for use with the examples if desired.

Great, thanks :)

Re: [python] toggle for sasl layer in proton.reactor.Container

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 2 October 2015 at 20:07, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/29/2015 11:03 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>>
>> On 09/29/2015 11:02 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>>>
>>> I am proposing a change to the way the SASL layer is controlled in the
>>> proton.reactor.Container utility for python. Specifically that SASL will
>>> be on by default, but can be turned off at the container- or connection-
>>> level via a simple boolean flag. I've called the flag 'sasl_layer' as
>>> the proton based JMS client has a similar toggle with that name.
>>>
>>> If anyone has thoughts or objections, please feel free to air them.
>>

>> Sorry! Forgot to add the link to the proposed change:
>>
>>   https://reviews.apache.org/r/38863/
>

> Following some review and feedback, I have checked in a change for this.
> This means that when running the direct examples on a cyrus-sasl enabled
> build you will need to have a valid config in the form of a file named
> proton-server.conf. You can specify the directory that conf file is in using
> the PN_SASL_CONFIG_PATH env var. In the simplest case you can just have a
> file with:
>
> mech_list: EXTERNAL ANONYMOUS

Would it be worth adding a note around this to the examples or related
docs/readme? It might not be the most obvious thing to new folks.

Robbie

Re: [python] toggle for sasl layer in proton.reactor.Container

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.