Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu> on 2013/04/23 21:17:18 UTC

right way to create new component (project)

For an eclipse user who already has cTAKES checked out from SVN (trunk), what is the 'right' set of steps to create a new component (subproject) in their workspace without interfering with anyone else

For example, I created ctakes-template-filler as a new project within my workspace, and checked it in under trunk, but on my filesystem, it is a sibling of the main ctakes directory rather than a subdirectory of the main ctakes directory.

I know I need to update the main POM in trunk at some time but I want try to avoid affecting anyone else until I know the right steps

-- James

RE: right way to create new component (project)

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
James,
Will this eventually be a maven module within ctakes?
If so, I believe there is a mvn restriction where the child module has be somewhere underneath the parent ctakes (could be anywhere, but has be inside it IIRC).

--Pei

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
Thanks Richard, that's what I was looking for.

-- James

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,