Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Henley Becerril Geldis <Ma...@edomex.gob.mx> on 2006/05/27 00:13:41 UTC

Tomcat Web admin

 Hi, I have installed tomcat 5.5.17 and web administration tool. After to
put login and password, I get that error:

 HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

----

type Status report

message Access to the requested resource has been denied

description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested
resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

----

Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

Re: Tomcat Web admin

Posted by Georg Sauer-Limbach <gs...@gslweb.de>.
The admin application is by default protected by security-constraints
which are defined in its web.xml file. In the delivery version, the
admin application required a user with the "admin" role.

You may remove the security constraints (not recommended except
for development purposes) or create a user with the "admin" role.

If the rest of your tomcat is still in its default configuration,
you just have to add a line like the following to the file
conf/tomcat-users.xml:

   <user username="admin" password="admin" role="admin"/>

Alternatively, just add the admin role to the existing user named
"tomcat":

   <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" role="tomcat,admin"/>

After modifying tomcat-users.xml you have to restart Tomcat.

Be sure not to use these default user/passwords on a server which
is exposed to the internet.

Georg