Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thom Loring <tl...@mac.com> on 2004/11/08 23:03:14 UTC

Reference to non-existent node

Hello...I've just encountered an problem with a repository. I have 2
other repositories which are functioning fine.

I initially encountered the following while try to do a commit:

"svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
/home/svn/scriptacom/db:
Permission denied"

I have verified that permissions, etc. are ok.

I have executed an svnadmin recover, which seems to complete ok:

 > svnadmin recover /home/svn/scriptacom
Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
Recovery completed.
The latest repos revision is 73.

Issue persists, and a verify reveals a problem:

 > svnadmin verify /home/svn/scriptacom
* Verified revision 0.
* Verified revision 1.
subversion/libsvn_fs/err.c:98: (apr_err=160014)
svn: Reference to non-existent node 'r.0.2' in filesystem
'/home/svn/scriptacom/db'

I have done a search on this, and have seen some references to this
issue, but no conclusive resolution. Per the O'Reilly book...I'm hoping
I might find some insight here.

I am running on Mac OS X Server 10.3.5. Where do I start?

Thanks,
Thom

Re: Reference to non-existent node

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Thom Loring wrote:
> svn: Reference to non-existent node 'r.0.2' in filesystem

This indicates a rather unusual form of repository corruption.

Please make a tarball of your repository, put it on a web/ftp site, and
email me the URL.

If the data is public anyway, you may want to send the URL to this list, so
any other interested subversion developers can help too.

If the data is private, you will have to decide whether you can justify
entrusting it to me for recovery purposes.

Max.