Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/24 17:23:45 UTC

Android Media is Borked

Hey

It seems that the Android Media Playback/Record functionality no
longer works.  I can't figure out why, since there hasn't been a
change in the past six months.  Does anyone remember doing anything
that would affect the functionality.

Furthermore, I want to see this whole thing refactored.  I can't
figure out what's going on with this code, and I think we need to
re-implement the whole thing with at least some documentation on how
it actually works.  But for now, can soemone familiar with the thing
take a look at it.  I'll be trying to fix it today as well, but this
is pretty important, since we shouldn't release with broken audio on
Android.

Joe

Re: Android Media is Borked

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for refactor, media api is a pretty gnarly implementation, and has
had problems in the past. A refactor would clean things up and make
future maintenance much easier.