Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/08 11:44:07 UTC

Move NoDeletionPolicy to core

Hi

I've noticed benchmark has a NoDeletionPolicy class and I was wondering if
we can move it to core. I might want to use it for the parallel index stuff,
but I think it'll also fit nicely in core, together with the other No*
classes. In addition, this class should be made a singleton.

If moving to core is acceptable, do you think any bw policy needs to be
enforced (such as deprecating the one in benchmark and reference the one in
core? I'll also want to change the package name from o.a.l.benchmark.utils
to o.a.l.index, where the other IDPs are.

Simple move and change (and update to benchmark algs which use it.

Shai

Re: Move NoDeletionPolicy to core

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1

I don't think bw needs to be kept -- contrib/benchmark is allowed to change.

Mike