Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Klotz <pk...@iconet.wn.bawue.de> on 2003/04/09 16:28:42 UTC

Docbook XSL not rendered with neither FOP nor jfor

Hi,

has anybody a working example of using the DocBook XSL with Cocoon 2.0.4?
I generate a Docbook XML document but I am not able to render it to HMTL,
PDF, Chunked HTML nor RTF. In all cases I get exceptions like
"conversion factor not found for '%' units"

I'm using docbook-xml version 4.2, should be up-to-date.
I am using the normal Xalan 2.3.x that comes with Cocoon 2.0.4. I tried to
use 2.4.x but I could not make it run with Cocoon. Is there a known
problem in this area?

I'm pretty sure that my DocBook XML itself is ok because I can convert it
to XSL-FO. Only the last rendering step to PDF or RDF (using jfor) fails.
And the HMTL XSL do not work.

Does anybody have another set of XSL for DocBook?

Please, please help somebody!

Thanks, Peter

Re: Docbook XSL not rendered with neither FOP nor jfor

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Peter,

we have been using Docbook with Xalan since a few years now without ...
ok, with only few problems. Some combinations of Xalan and Docbook
stylesheets did not work. What's the version of your Docbook stylesheets?

In the last two weeks two people on this list could solve their problems
by simply replacing Xalan 2.3.1 with 2.4.1. And they did it by replacing
the JAR without problems I think.

Regards,

Joerg

Posted by Darren Petrie <dp...@anteon.com>.
There are known problems with Xalan and Norm Walsh's DocBook XSL

http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg18478.html
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/
publishing.html.html#d0e59

I'm sure many have got it to work in Cocoon using Saxon.  Using Cocoon
2.0.4 "Out of the box" I found DocBook transformations using Norm
Walsh's stylesheets to be unreliable.

Darren

On Wednesday, Apr 9, 2003, at 16:28 Europe/Berlin, Peter Klotz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anybody a working example of using the DocBook XSL with Cocoon
> 2.0.4?
> I generate a Docbook XML document but I am not able to render it to
> HMTL,
> PDF, Chunked HTML nor RTF. In all cases I get exceptions like
> "conversion factor not found for '%' units"
>
> I'm using docbook-xml version 4.2, should be up-to-date.
> I am using the normal Xalan 2.3.x that comes with Cocoon 2.0.4. I
> tried to
> use 2.4.x but I could not make it run with Cocoon. Is there a known
> problem in this area?
>
> I'm pretty sure that my DocBook XML itself is ok because I can convert
> it
> to XSL-FO. Only the last rendering step to PDF or RDF (using jfor)
> fails.
> And the HMTL XSL do not work.
>
> Does anybody have another set of XSL for DocBook?
>

> Please, please help somebody!
>

> Thanks, Peter

Darren Petrie
dpetrie@anteon.com