Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by St...@faa.gov on 2015/10/27 17:27:24 UTC

NotOnOrAfter in SAML Tokens with Advice

In our SAML profile, a SAML token issued with Advice should have a NotOnOrAfter condition that does not come after the Advice token's NotOnOrAfter condition. But apparently, the CXF STS (2.7.14) doesn't consider Advice conditions when issuing a new token? If it doesn't I can add that capability in a custom ConditionsProvider, but in looking things over it's not really obvious how I can retrieve that condition from either the Advice token or from the ActAs in the request from there. I'm sure there's an easy-ish way to do this that I am missing, if someone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Stephen W. Chappell

RE: NotOnOrAfter in SAML Tokens with Advice

Posted by St...@faa.gov.
Yes, I saw that, but it is a ReceivedToken at that point, so unless I unmarshal it I can't get at the NotOnOrAfter time. Instead, I found that I could modify the conditions in my SAMLCustomHandler, which unmarshals the ActAs token in order to stick it in Advice. That seemed preferable to unmarshalling it twice.

Thanx,

Stephen W. Chappell

You can access the incoming "ActAs" token via "providerParameters.getTokenRequirements().getActAs()" in your ConditionsProvider implementation - that's probably the only way to do it.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: NotOnOrAfter in SAML Tokens with Advice

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder