Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Patterson, Josh" <jp...@tva.gov> on 2009/04/13 18:43:13 UTC

Map Rendering

We're looking into power grid visualization and were wondering if anyone
could recommend a good java native lib (that plays nice with hadoop) to
render some layers of geospatial data. At this point we have the cluster
crunching our test data, formats, and data structures, and we're now
looking at producing indexes and visualizations. We'd like to be able to
watch the power grid over time (with a 'time slider') over the map and
load the tiles in OpenLayers, OpenStreetMap, or VirtualEarth, so the
engineers could go back and replay large amounts of high resolution PMU
smart grid data, then zoom in/out, and use the time slider to replay it.
So essentially we'll need to render the grid "graph" as a layer in
tiles, and then each tile (at each level) through time. I'm hoping
someone has done some work with hadoop and map tile generation and can
save me some time in finding the right java lib. Suggestions on java lib
for this?

Josh Patterson
TVA