Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Proctor <li...@markproctor.com> on 2005/11/17 00:01:04 UTC

memory:// protocol implementation

Anyone know of a memory:// protocol implementation for URLs? I'm
guessing it will need implementations for MemoryURLStreamHandler,
MemoryURLStreamHandlerFactory, MemoryURLConnect and should be able to
work with URLClassLoaders - would have thought this would be in commons io.

Mark

Re: memory:// protocol implementation

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Mark Proctor wrote:
> Anyone know of a memory:// protocol implementation for URLs? I'm
> guessing it will need implementations for MemoryURLStreamHandler,
> MemoryURLStreamHandlerFactory, MemoryURLConnect and should be able to
> work with URLClassLoaders - would have thought this would be in
> commons io.
The next version of commons-vfs will have a ramfs://
As always in VFS it is able to use it through URLs and in classloaders.

---
Mario