Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Charles Anto <an...@hotmail.com> on 2005/11/21 16:45:37 UTC

Automate the build.

how to set time in maven.xml to run the build in every day night 12 AM.
we are runing maven in ret hat linux 9. crontab does not run maven script,
so i tried cruise controller, but i couldn't find linux version, seems to be
not supporting linux, is it true?

pls help me, how to do nightly build.

Thanks
charles

Re: Automate the build.

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde.de>.
Charles Anto wrote:
> how to set time in maven.xml to run the build in every day night 12 AM.
> we are runing maven in ret hat linux 9. crontab does not run maven
> script

I you can run your Maven script from the command line, you should be
able to run it via cron, too. Make sure the cron user has the same
environment as your test user.

, so i tried cruise controller, but i couldn't find linux version,
> seems to be not supporting linux, is it true?

Continuum and Cruisecontrol (to name only two automated build tools) are
both implemented in Java. A virtual machine for Linux is available. If
you can run Maven on Linux, you can run Continuum or Cruisecontrol
aswell. See

http://maven.apache.org/continuum/index.html
http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/gettingstarted.html

Kind regards,