Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by David Alves <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/06 00:31:35 UTC

timeline for dist execution

Hi All

	I was wondering if there is a timeline on when we might get a sketch of the dist execution engine.
	As I mentioned before I have a little over a month to get something working and I'm starting to get a bit worried.
	I've been working in the parallel per region hbase scanner and soon I'll have something usable.
	I can definitely put in a few hours working/helping on it if that helps, but as previously suggested I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.
	Right now I was thinking that something that plugs-in to the reference implementation (i.e. would not require a stable SE iface) would be a nice start.
	What do you think?

Best
David

Re: timeline for dist execution

Posted by Lisen Mu <im...@gmail.com>.
+1, great news, many thanks to the effort!

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
I've used Guice in the past as well, I found it to be pretty fast, and it makes injection usage fairly simple. One thing I like about it a lot is that you can set injection custom scope, which in the life time of that scope any injection to that type is referred to that same object.

I won't say it has a small learning curve though as the setup can be somewhat complex IMHO, but might be just me.

Tim

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques

Posted by Lisen Mu <im...@gmail.com>.
again, it's really great effort. Really expect your next push.

Thanks,

Lisen

Posted by Lisen Mu <im...@gmail.com>.
Jaques,