Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Izaak Rubin <ir...@powerset.com> on 2008/07/04 00:09:13 UTC

[RegionHistorian] close event?

Hi there,

I was looking the UI and the RegionHistorian code, and noticed that there is no "close" event recorded by the RegionHistorian (and, I'm assuming, the META table).  I was thinking that this might be a useful piece of information to have in the UI.  For example, if I add data to a region and then restart HBase, the regionhistorian.jsp page will show

Open
Assignment
<-- The point where I restarted HBase, and where I assume the HRegion was closed.
Open
Assignment

Is this something that could be added?  Thanks!

-Izaak Rubin

Re: [RegionHistorian] close event?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@gmail.com>.
Good idea. Fill a JIRA for it so I can fix it or you can assign it to
yourself.

Hope you're having a good time as a Powerset intern, I envy you working
directly with st^ack and Jim!

J-D