Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ajay Kalidindi <AK...@smud.org> on 2003/12/04 21:39:06 UTC

connection pooling issue

Hi

The issue is:

1. I restart tomcat, everything works good with tomcat, struts, connection pool ...
   I monitered the catalina.out log and all looks good connecting/releasing etc.
2. After few hours I get the following error :

java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.io.IOException, underlying cause: Unexpected end of input stream

I have already tried changing autocommit to true in struts-config.xml.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Env Info :

Redhat 9, Tomcat 4.1.29, struts 1.1, jdk 1.3 ...

Regards

Ajay Kalidindi

OT:Re: connection pooling issue

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@basebeans.com>.
This is not a Struts question IMO.

here is a FAQ for Wiki:

#1. No one should use connection pool, if you want for some (I can't
think of a good one myself)  do low level JDBC, you should use data
source. You can look up the data source via JNDI. Things like (low
level) RowSet take a data source as argument... don't worry about
connections, you will mess them up, unless you a double nested finnaly
block.

#2. If you use Struts... you should also use a DAO, such as iBatis.com.

So use a data source (not connections) via JNDI and... don't use data
source, use a DAO.

.V