Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/03 19:58:41 UTC

BasicZk* tests help sought.

I admit I'm lost here. I can't reproduce that failure on the trunk but
it still happens on my branch. There have been a lot of changes to the
tests infrastructure there and I don't expect you to go through them
but could anybody tell me from the attached logs (some of them pass,
some of them didn't) what is the problem with respect to that
particular test and where should I possibly look to fix this?

The problematic runs seem to be pretty consistently started with this
output (syserr):

   [junit4]   2> 17771 T372 oasc.ZkController.getConfName SEVERE Could
not find configName for collection collection2
   [junit4]   2> 17774 T372 oasc.SolrException.log SEVERE
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error executing default
implementation of CREATE
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CoreAdminHandler.handleCreateAction(CoreAdminHandler.java:401)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CoreAdminHandler.handleRequestBody(CoreAdminHandler.java:141)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:129)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.handleAdminRequest(SolrDispatchFilter.java:359)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:172)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
   [junit4]   2> 		at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
   [junit4]   2> 	Caused by:
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZooKeeperException: Could not find
configName for collection collection2
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController.getConfName(ZkController.java:955)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.cloud.ZkController.createCollectionZkNode(ZkController.java:873)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:690)
   [junit4]   2> 		at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CoreAdminHandler.handleCreateAction(CoreAdminHandler.java:396)
   [junit4]   2> 		... 17 more

Any clues will be appreciated.

Dawid

Re: BasicZk* tests help sought.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

I checked on three different machines, each with a different hardware
and different OS. All of them fail consistently on the above patch.
Execute as advised (or from Eclipse):

cd solr
ant test-core -Dtestcase=FailSolr3199

Hope this helps.