Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com> on 2017/06/18 22:09:37 UTC

Slack Conversations

I asked Chris if I could forward this as it will bring a thought process as you guys learn about managing things under the asf.
Regards,
KAM

I have an action item from the Board to follow up with something mentioned in
your prior report. It seems in that report there is mention of Slack conversations
in the project. While these are fine, project decisions are made on the mailing list,
in a timely fashion. Documenting decisions *after the fact* can lead to community erosion and
reduce overall participation by those that feel marginalized if they are not directly
part of the Slack conversation.

Please try to balance that, and to ensure that everyone can participate in the
project.

Thanks,
Chris Mattmann
(on behalf of the ASF Board)