Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stockii <st...@shopgate.com> on 2010/12/02 13:51:16 UTC

Re: Tuning Solr caches with high commit rates (NRT)

great thread and exactly my problems :D

i set up two solr-instances, one for update the index and another for
searching.

When i perform an update. the search-instance dont get the new documents.
when i start a commit on searcher he found it. how can i say the searcher
that he alwas look not only the "old" index. automatic refresh ? XD

Re: Tuning Solr caches with high commit rates (NRT)

Posted by Peter Sturge <pe...@gmail.com>.
In order for the 'read-only' instance to see any new/updated
documents, it needs to do a commit (since it's read-only, it is a
commit of 0 documents).
You can do this via a client service that issues periodic commits, or
use autorefresh from within solrconfig.xml. Be careful that you don't
do anything in the read-only instance that will change the underlying
index - like optimize.

Peter