Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 18:22:30 UTC

Re: rest services

Hi,

AFAIK, we don't have a binding.rest yet. But we do have a binding.atom which
follows the REST style using the standard AtomPub protocol. The other
potential is the JAX-RS (JSR311), see [1] and [2]. Are you interested in
helping out?

[1] http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/09/jsr311-approved
[2] http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/10/jaxrs-comparison

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> AFAIK, we don't have a binding.rest yet. But we do have a binding.atom
> which follows the REST style using the standard AtomPub protocol. The other
> potential is the JAX-RS (JSR311), see [1] and [2]. Are you interested in
> helping out?
>
> [1] http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/09/jsr311-approved
> [2] http://www.infoq.com/news/2008/10/jaxrs-comparison
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

There is also a binding.http that may be persuaded to do what you need it to
do. Depends on what you mean by rest. For example, the unit test for
binding.http [1] shows several different capabilities, amongst them is how
to handle HTTP requests such as "get" in component service implementations.

    <component name="HTTPGetComponent">
        <implementation.java
class="org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.http.TestGetImpl"/>
        <service name="TestGetImpl">
            <tuscany:binding.http uri="http://localhost:8085/httpget"/>
        </service>
    </component>

I expect this is an area where we need better support so, as Raymond says,
feel free to help out.

Regards

Simon

[1]