Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Jeff Macomber <JM...@NetByTel.com> on 2001/06/06 17:15:25 UTC

Inserting a DOCTYPE in the DOM

Hi all,

I am using xerces 1.2.2 with the DOM implementation.  I am trying to insert
the DOCTYPE element to include a system dtd.  I have the following code
snippet:

DOMImplementationImpl impl =
(DOMImplementationImpl)DOMImplementationImpl.getDOMImplementation();
DocumentType type = impl.createDocumentType("VALIDATE_RESPONSE", null,
"http://127.0.0.1/architecture/repository/VALIDATE_RESPONSE.dtd");
Document myResponseDoc = impl.createDocument(null,"VALIDATE_RESPONSE",type);

I then continue to append the elements and text nodes in the normal manner.
The methods above do not give an error but when I read out the DOM I am not
seeing the DOCTYPE element appearing.  It is a possibility that the problem
lies in the output routines though I have tested this by parsing in an XML
with the DOCTYPE element and writing it out using my routines with out a
problem.  I am hoping that some one out there can tell me what I am doing
wrong.

Thanks,
Jeff Macomber